Monday, April 14, 2014

Easter 2014

Hi my crafty friends, 
Today is the first of spring break for my son.  I have somethings planned for him and he doesn't even know it.  Hehe!!  It's going to be another beautiful day here. 

Here is my Easter Card for this year.  As you may know I live in Northern Virginia near DC.  In the spring the cherry blossoms bloom at the Tidal Basin in DC.  We go every year since my daughter was born, so nine (9) years and still going.  Check it out...


If you follow me on Instagram and Facebook, you probably have seen pictures of the cherry blossom image and felt bow.  I watercolor the image and added some glitter glue to the center of the flowers.  You can't see it because of my old camera.  But believe it's there. I backed the image with paper from Recollections called Grey Mini Dots from Michaels.   I used the MFT Dienamic - dainty bows I got on-line with pink and grey felt from Michaels.  I used another Recollection papers called Itsy Bitsy Ditsy Cherry Pie.  It went perfect.  Lastly I stamped a sentiment from Studio G stamps in Memento London Fog.  Punched it out with my CM circle punch and EK Success 1-1/2 scallop circle punch.  

Love it - Don't you?  I want to watercolor more.  I bought the Artist Loft watercolor pallet from Michaels.  I want to get the pearlescent ones soon. 

Thanks everyone for stopping by today.  Please come back tomorrow for my Design Team card for April 15th Creative Color Challenge.

Hugs, 
Tereese (Friday)


1 comment:

Nancy said...

Really beautiful Easter card, Friday! It's lovely all put together! I'm so happy to hear you like watercoloring too! Can't wait to see more! :o)