Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day, Everyone!

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is enjoying the day of LOVE with your families!!  I usually love this day but since I was sick to me right now, it's just another day. :) 
I did want to share an altered gift to my kids Teachers this year.
Here is the before picture:
I thought this would be appropriate for their teachers, right?  It's a chocolate apple.  Hehe!!  Cute, huh!!  Well, I thought so. 

Here they are all decorated:


Yay, I used my crochet hearts... I love them so much. It was hard to give them up.

My kids have two teachers in each class.  So, that's why I had to do 4 of them.  Which was so much fun to.  I hope they like them. 

What I did was I used some paper Colorbok papers from Target that I just found Yesterday.  Then I hot glue some pretty pink lace at the top from my stash.  I punched out a cute border on the bottom with my Martha Stuart Punch (that I got from Yvonne aka Scrapbliss).  Loving this punch because its so dainty and adorable. Thanks, Yvonne.   Added my crochet Heart with a pearl brad in the center.  Punched out a to and from with my EK Success punch from Joanns.  Lastly, added a Prima flower and red ribbon for a handle. 

I thought they came out so super cute.  I usually altered the mailboxes from Target but by the time I got there they were all sold out. boo hoo!  Oh well, I like these better. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Have a Great and Loving day!!

Take care, Hugs!
Friday


2 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, Friday! Those are so beautiful! I love that you used your little crocheted hearts...so pretty! You'll just have to make lots more! What a wonderful gift!
Happy Valentine's Day to you, my friend! :o)

Anonymous said...

They came out great!!
Love you hearts!!!
hugs,
Yvette