Monday, May 26, 2014

U Rock Birthday Card!!

Hi Everyone, 
Happy Memorial Day!  
Today, I'm here to share a card I just created for my Great Nephew! 
He turns 6 years old.

As some  of you know I always struggle with masculine/boy cards.  This time I didn't struggle as much and to me it's pretty cool! 

Here it is:


I absolutely love this card.  It's so boyish, doesn't it? 

I used the paper from 7gypies called Off the Wall.  This is a 5x5 card base.  I colored a Greeting Farm image from the "Later Sk834" set with my copics.  I paper piece his clothing with the pattern paper and kraft cardstock.  I then added some square brads from my stash.  I stamped a "U Rock" sentiment from my dollar stamps. I cut the sentiment out of my Labels 1 Spellbinders Nestibilities die.  I used a paper clip from my stash to add a crystal heart charm.  Even though I have never met my nephew I do {heart} him a bunch.

Inside I added more of the pattern paper and also a strip of black chipboard.  I stamped a dollar stamp "Happy Birthday".  I also stamped the Greeting Farm image with no coloring.  I have seen people do this and I had to do it too. I really like how that turned out.

Thanks everyone for stopping by today.  I hope I hear from you all on what you think of it.

Have a great holiday and I will be back soon with another card.

Please stop by Creative Color Challenge Blog.  There is still time to enter your cards.  Last Day is Monday, June 2nd.  Come on over!!

Hugs,
Tereese (Friday)

1 comment:

DaileyScrapper said...

OMG what an awesome card. The paper is perfect. I love it. That's got to be the best masculine card. LOL I also love the stamp on the inside. Hummm I'm scraplifting that from you LOL
Yvette