Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bday Invites!

Hello Crafty Friends,
I hope you all are having a great week so far and crafting it all the way like me.  LOL... JK.  Well, I'm just amazed on how many years I have been making my daughter's invites.  It's been 7 years now.  Wow, where has the time gone.  It was just yesterday when I brought her from the Hospital and now 7 wonderful years later she has grown to be a beautiful young lady.  She has always made me smile through the years.  I just can't believe it.

Here are the invites I made her:

This year there is no theme which I'm so glad actually.  I have done a cupcake invite to a movie theme invite.  This year is just a cake and and pick.  So simple. I used my Sizzix die - birthday cake #2.  I embossed some of the die with my Cuttlebug embossing folders.  I used the Celebration pack from DCWV for the background.  Inserted a tooth pick in the cake and behind the 7 scallop circle.  I thought it gave it dimension to the card.  Then lastly, I added some balloon ribbon to the tooth pick.  I had that in my stash for ages.  I finally got to use it. 

I hope you all like them.  Thanks for stopping by and checking it out.

Have a great rest of your week and weekend.

Hugs, Friday


2 comments:

Yvette said...

They are lovely. Too cute!!
Years do fly by... don't blink!! LOL
Yvette

Nancy said...

Your invitations are really great, Friday! The embossing folders have made those cakes look delicious! Yeah, I understand about the years passing quickly! My girls turned 24 and 26 overnight! lol :o)