Tuesday, September 16, 2014

CCC #19 - Back To School

Happy Tuesday, Everyone!
This week's challenge was a blast to do.  Perfect timing too.  School has officially started, well it has been two - three weeks now that my kids are in school but so far so good.  Thank goodness.  BUT, homework, homework and more homework.  Sheesh!!  I feel like I'm in school again.  LOL! 

Here is this week's challenge:
Use any three colors PLUS use polka dot paper

Our Wonderful Sponsor this week:  Robyn's Fetish

I chose the digi image:  Backpack


Here is my card for this week's Challenge:

I really love how it turned out.  I didn't go overboard this time.  I planned to paper piece the backpack but I thought I would attempted to color it.  It turned out pretty good.  I try to make it look like denim.  What do you think? 

This is a 5x5 size base card.  I used the Recollections White 110 lb cardstock. I layered red and white polka dot pattern paper from American Crafts; Dots & Stripes 6x6 paper.  I then fussy cut the Lockers from paper from Little Yellow Bicycle called "Makin the GRADE", that I got from Marilyn G's giveaway package.  I also added some of the note paper too from that paper pack.  I distress with Vintage Photo distress ink to all the edges.  I colored the digi image with my copics. I stamped "Back To School" with my Studio G Letter stamps and Archival Ink.  I punched tiny holes in the notebook paper to make it really look like paper ripped out of notebook.   Lastly, I added some small sequins, glitter glue to the apple and banana and popped dot the digi image.

I really enjoyed making this card.  It turned out too cute.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Please stop by Creative Color Challenge blog to enter your cards for a chance to win great prizes.  Also please check out my fellow design team members creations as well.

Have a great day and week!

Hugs,
Tereese (Friday)

2 comments:

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Tereese, my sweet friend, I am speechless! What a fantastic idea to make the card look like a locker.....LOVE it! Your card is absolutely gorgeous and will make someone very happy! Hugs, Sabrina

Tanvi Shah said...

Awesome coloring Terese & the locker is such a brilliant idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...